© GCS Club Ltd 2015
Gloucester clay shooting club started life back in 1949, at the same site we occupy today. The clubhouse we a small shed and had just a single skeet layout with high tower built on top of an old WW2 pill box. The site was originally rented but was purchased by the club in the early 1970's. The new clubhouse and the two skeet layouts you see today were built in 1974.
The sound banking was erected in the late 70's to provide a sound barrier between the club and the local village and it's inhabitants, for which they were very appreciative. In all that time, the club has opened most Wednesday afternoons in the summer and about every second Sunday during the winter months.
The club offers all the necessary requirements, including toilets, tea and coffee facility, cold food and soft drinks. There is ample parking for over 50 cars if required and the club is easily reached being just off the A38 between Gloucester and Cheltenham.
The club is run by a management team/committee made up of club members, none of whom are paid a salary, and hopefully provide a good service to Members and non Members alike. The club is well funded and runs on commercial lines for the benefit of it's membership. The assets are managed by a trust fund called GCS Club Ltd, and there are four directors, who are also members of the club.
We are always looking for new members to join the club, and hopefully, new management material will arise from them in due course.